Skip the carbs and opt for sweet butternut squash noodles bathed in the nutty flavor of this classic Italian brown butter sauce.
- 2 (16 oz) pkgs butternut squash noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the noodles on a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Bake for 10 min. or until just al dente.
- Meanwhile, dice the butter into large chunks and melt over low heat in a heavy bottom skillet, whisking constantly, about 8 min. The butter will foam and go from lemon-yellow to a golden brown with brown specks. Add the sage and turn off the heat. Let sit in the skillet, 1 min.
- Remove noodles from oven and toss gently into the butter sauce. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 bowls and finish with Parmesan cheese.